Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Switzerland/ Austria

Hi all
So I was kindof dissapointed I couldn't update this yesterday but there was absolutely no wifi at our hotel. :(
Well we had a long busride from Strasbourg to Switzerland, but the view was gorgeous. Then we had 2 hours of freetime to shop in lucerne!!! We also had to find our own lunch somewhere- luckily everyone spoke English so it wasn't hard to communicate with people. Bought some famous Switzerland chocolate yesterday- they wouldn't let you test anything though do idk if it tastes good or not!!! The mountains here are unbelievable- really they are outstanding. I can't describe them - they are beautiful. Then we took a ferry ride on a river through the mountains and ate dinner.

This morning we drove to innsbrook- a little town in Austria and made afelstrudel (sp?) it was sooooo good :). At lunch, steffano, our bus driver, who only speaks italian, decides to sit with us and just speak all in Italian. We were all quite entertained- specially when I tried to speak back to him using the translator book Mrs. Stephan gave me... By the way thanks for that it has helped me
A lot :). Good times
Then in Salzburg, we got to our hotel and got dressed up for a classical concert. The violinists were really good... But most people were struggling not to fall asleep- I'll admit- me too. But at intermission, I went to the bathroom and when I was done I tried to get the door open (the locks are very weird in Europe and the doors go all the way to the ground) but I couldn't!!!! I was literally locked in the bathroom for 10 minutes, feeling really closterphobic, people laughing at me- LOL but finnaly my leader talked me through how to get it open. I thought it was hysterical though!!!!
Tomorrow I get to meet my homestay family! So excited but everyone else is freaking out- idk why.
Miss you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment