Saturday, July 4, 2009

Paris day 2

Hi all!!! Today was an incredible day. Woke up at 7:30, ate cereal for breakfast, boarded the bus for a tour around Paris. Our tourguide showed us all the amazing sites and stories that go with them. Then I got to get a real feel for Paris as we walked through the streets. They are very narrow and crowded...it can be difficult to cross the crosswalks sometimes. People are crazy drivers-I don't think I could handle driving here. Also something you don't think of is that the streets are very dirty-filled with trash and the bathrooms are tiny- I will def. miss am. bathrooms:)LOL. We also saw the notre dame cathedral, went a little shopping, then went to the louvre to eat lunch in the foodcourt. I had frances version of pizza- pretty much the same. Then we got to see the artwork-hey jas, there are a lot of naked things here!!! LOL!!! But you gotta remember its art. I saw the mona lisa and other famous stuff. Then they let us loose on groups of 3 to shop!!! Omg so much fun... Of course we don't know where to go but it was fun looking around. I learned how to say a little in French "merci" is thank you. French like it when you speak their language. Then we walked up many stairs and had a great view of Paris...they let us loose again and I went into a beautiful catholic church and sat and prayed and thanked God for this experience. Amen! Then we ate dinner-I thought the appetizer was egg, but it really was fish- GROSS omg!!!! but know that i didnt order that- i had no choice cuz everybody gets the same thing. But I ate some good beef for the main course. Then we got on the bus to go back to the hotel, where nobodys calling card works which stinks but hopefully it'll hey figured out. Wow today was amazing!!!!!
Well tomorrow I'm pumped b/c I'm going to the eifel tower!!!! Wow

4 comments:

  1. wow sounds like a really fun day..i can just picture jason with the statues :p lol. i really missed you today!!
    ~kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. unis lost last night :( ...it was really close tho :( MISS YOU!!
    love kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like ur having fun Em!!! Hope ur learnin lots!!!! :)

    Love the Ober family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granny 70 Hi Em - What fun! Travel is sure an adventure! Have you bought anything "French" yet? Love, Gram B

    ReplyDelete