Monday, July 6, 2009

Chilled day

Hey everyone! Sorry about yesterdays post- I literally had 2 minutes left of Internet time that I paid 4.50 euros for one hour over 30 days. This hotel in strasbourg has free wifi though so I'm so excited!!!! :)

To catch you up on yesterday, yes it was a crazy day- kindof unorganized and we had a lot of bad luck- including getting split up on the subway, our bus broke at the beginning of the day so we walked several miles around Paris... But it was still amazing b/c I was in Paris France. OMG thought of you all at the top of the eifel tower. Sooo before getting here I thought we were getting our own tour of the tower... Wow I was wrong... You wouldn't believe how many people were there it was insane!!! Ate the best icecream ever while walking down!!!! Wow best days of your life :) Then walked 2 miles to the metro and it was about 9 pm before we ate dinner!!!! It was spaghetti- seriously I think I've eaten more Italian food in France than the traditional French food...which Is ok because the only food I think is good here has been Italian- dad you would like the food because they eat a lot of hard boiled eggs! ew :p

So today I had to get up early- 6am because we had a seven hour drive on the newly fixed bus to Strasbourg France. Beautiful town- I may like it better than Paris- it just feels more like a home and safer... But still with amazing shopping stores!!! Went inside gorgeus catethedral - notre dame of Strasbourg. Amazing :)
Then people went swimming in the rain at the hotel- but I along with several others were cold and were instead entertained by our Italian-only speaking bus driver and other funny things.
Having a great time- sorry I can't call you that often because my calling card doesn't work- hopefully it will in another country but otherwise it is expensive to use my credit card :(
Miss you all!!!!

Love Emily

2 comments:

  1. Hey Babes... Glad you are having fun. Dad is missing you something terrible. Enjoy every minute. Save some money for your car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,
    Sounds like you're having a fantastic time! I hear you were able to get Bob a Tour de France tshirt...he'll LOVE it!! Thank you!
    Don't worry about saving money for your car--have fun in Europe!! ;)
    Chris :)

    ReplyDelete