Saturday, October 6, 2012

VIP access at the Vatican

Thursday was the Ordination of Deacons Mass at St. Peter's Basilica. I was fortunate enough to be the photographer for EWTN news, so I had special access throughout the mass to take pictures of the ordination. 29 seminarians became Deacons, and it was incredible to see the joy on their faces up close as they were ordained. They made a huge milestone in committing to a life for God. It gave me the chills and made me proud and excited to see the future of the Church in these young men right in front of me. I've never been to a more ceremonial mass before. The Holy Spirit was definitely present throughout the entire Basilica, that was filled with hundreds of people.



During the 3 hour mass, I was privileged to sit right in front of the first pew, directly in the center of the altar. Something I know most people do not even get to get close to in their life. Blessed to have that opportunity. Also attended a special reception afterwards at the Pontifical North American College, right outside the Vatican and met some of the ordained Deacons, other priests, and others from EWTN.

A day I will not forget. Glad my eye was able to survive a few hours so I could enjoy the mass and take quality pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment