Sunday, October 14, 2012

Meeting Cardinal Dolan!

Awesome things have happened since I got this internship with EWTN. Seriously I am so blessed to have this opportunity. Wednesday, I met Cardinal Timothy Dolan! Had dinner at the Sor Eva restaurant by the Vatican and sat at the table right next to where he recorded an episode for his radio show! A few students from our group got to ask questions directly to Cardinal Dolan and he answered on the air. After the show, I recorded my question to be put on a future episode, so stay tuned!


Overall, he is an outstanding representative of the Catholic Church. He has high energy and enthusiasm for our faith, the ability to defend it, and relates to people personally.


Friday, I had another wonderful opportunity to be a reporter for EWTN and interview a representative of the Human Life International Organization. Got to experience the kind of work a broadcast journalist would do. Felt like Katie Couric. Just a real awesome time to do something I can definitely see myself doing in the future. Who knows. After this interview, took a cab with the camera guy and other journalist to another interview at the Piazza Navona. This time, we interviewed a priest, who is also a famous chef and author. Another energetic man of faith. He even gave me gelato :)
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment