Thursday, October 18, 2012

Putting the Puzzle Together

This morning woke up early to get to the Vatican by 7am for Mass. It really is the best way to start off your day. Afterwards, got 30 cent pastries and cappuccino with the group. I love mornings like this in Rome. The city is quiet, you don't have Indian people coming up to you all the time trying to sell you cheap squishy balls or purses, and it's a great atmosphere to wake up to and thank God for where you are and your blessings.

At the Vatican this morning, I ran into my boss, Alan, from EWTN, along with David, who worked awhile for the office in Rome, but is now moving to Washington DC to produce a new nightly show for the station. Right away I thought, how cool would that be to work for them in DC someday! I wished him good luck with the show, and thanked him for helping me get settled with the internship here.  He told me about future opportunities working for the Catholic News Agency in Denver, which would get me started and then could move up from there.

The irony in this is that this afternoon, I happened to meet the director of the Catholic News Agency in Denver, because she happens to be in Rome for the next 10 days. It is so incredible how God is showing me these opportunities, hopefully helping me put the puzzle together. Sunday, I will be working with the director at the canonization mass at St. Peters. We will have VIP passes to take pictures of the ceremony..So excited!
If I meet the Pope, I will definitely post a picture. haha.
Also got to go to a press conference this afternoon and meet and interview the Archbishop Gomez of Las Angeles.

I know I still have a lot of time to figure out what I really want to do with the rest of my life, but something David said to me today really made me wonder. He said "when I wake up in the morning, I don't feel like I have to go to work...because I enjoy it so much." That's what I want to be able to say with whatever I end up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment